Forensic Document Examiners Live INternational Knowledge Exchange on Documents
Welcome to the official webpage of FDE Linked.
Our mission is to provide an excellent, free, professional development opportunity for FDEs at all levels, and regardless of location.
This initiative aims to:
- address critical issues within forensic document examination, via panel discussions and invited presentations,
- showcase recent research and developments in the field,
- promote cooperation of various forensic document examination organizations across national, international, and intercontinental borders, and
- increase opportunities for building connections around the globe.
Key sponsoring organizations , the American Society of Questioned Document Examiners and the Australasian Society of Forensic Document Examiners Inc, are donating the funds for the virtual event, which will take place over a rolling 24-hour period. The event is scheduled to commence at:
- 10 am AEDT (Sydney, Australia) on Friday 31st March 2023
- 7pm EDT (New York, USA) on Thursday 30th March 2023
- Midnight BST (London, England) on Thursday 30th March 2023
and continue without significant breaks, moving through time zones until the next day. Each time zone will include one x 2-hour panel session and at least two x 2.5-hour scientific sessions at a reasonably scheduled time.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
The organisers of FDE Linked, Niko, Carolyne, and Sam, saw an opportunity to take advantage of recent trends of virtual events making world-wide cooperation and participation easier. Our mission is to provide an excellent, free, professional development opportunity for FDEs at all levels, and regardless of location. Sharing diverse opinions and experiences is integral to this objective, and we recognise the strength that will come from active contribution from FDEs around the globe.
We are committed to creating a conference that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value and welcome presenters and delegates of all cultures, nations of origin, ethnicities, languages, sexes, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, ages, colours, neurodiversities, religions, abilities, and beliefs.
Key to this is providing equitable access to, and opportunities for, participation and engagement in our conference.
The organisers will achieve these tenants of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion through:
- The use of open and inclusive language in our communications;
- Open calls for participation in the conference;
- The provision of fee-free registration (subject to appropriate professional/trainee status);
- Striving to ensure that panel speakers are divers; and
- Facilitating respectful and open discussions during the event.